Meeting between Putin and Biden and negotiations with the West. What did Lavrov say?
© Press Service of the Russian Foreign Ministry/TASS- October 11, 09:28
Russia will consider a proposal to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin and his American counterpart Joe Biden on the sidelines of the G20 summit if any. However, there has not yet been a signal from the United States about negotiations, nor have there been any serious proposals regarding negotiations on Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday on the air of the 60 Minutes program on the Rossiya-1 TV channel.
He also noted that if Turkey is ready to organize a dialogue between Russia and the West, then it will have the opportunity to raise this issue at a meeting between Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Astana.
TASS collected Lavrov's main statements.
About the special military operation
- The tasks of the NMD, which were outlined by the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin, do not change and will be achieved. Ukraine should not be a terrorist state, in which everything is allowed. "This permissiveness goes beyond all limits and leads to the fact that there are murders of journalists, political figures, and deputies of the Verkhovna Rada."
- Russia cannot allow Ukraine to pose a constant threat to the security of the Russian Federation, including joining NATO and deploying on its territory weapons "that will pose such a threat."
About US actions in Ukraine
- De facto Americans have long been involved in the conflict in Ukraine. The US is arming the Kyiv regime and providing intelligence, including satellites. "Our long-standing initiative to prevent an arms race in space is becoming even more relevant."
- There is convincing evidence that the Americans are helping to recruit mercenaries to take part in the fighting in Ukraine. Also, regular servicemen of the American and a number of European armies " are constantly working on the ground."
About negotiations on Ukraine
- Russia has not received any serious proposals from the United States for negotiations on Ukraine. There were some not-very serious attempts, the Russian Federation offered to formulate specific proposals, but in this case, there were no clarifications.
- At the same time, the United States declares that "they are wholeheartedly open to negotiations with the Russian Federation, they are in favor of a political settlement of the current situation in Ukraine and around it, but such a bad Russia refuses proposals to make contact." "That's a lie, I can tell you right away."
- If Turkey is interested in organizing negotiations between the Russian Federation and the West, then it can raise this issue at the meeting between Putin and Erdogan in Astana. "We haven't heard anything other than public announcements."
On the meeting between Putin and Biden
- Russia never refuses dialogue. If a proposal is made to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin and his American counterpart Joe Biden on the sidelines of the G20 summit, Moscow will consider it.
- If everyone thinks that there is already a signal that Biden is ready for such a meeting, then such confidence is based only on his words "we'll see." "This is probably more for journalistic analytical fabrications than for real politics."
- It is possible that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will be ordered from London or Washington, he will forget about his own ban on negotiations. "He will figure out how to explain it all so as not to lose face, he is, in general, an artist, there are now a lot of artists on the other side."
- "If we are talking about the Nazis, then German Nazism - [Adolf] Hitler - united most of the countries of Europe under their banners in order to attack and destroy the Soviet Union. Now, about the same group of countries, with some variations, supports Zelensky. But Zelensky, of course, not Hitler, because he does not determine actions against Russia, but he is ordered to do specific things."
- "Without eradicating Nazism in Ukraine, it will be very difficult for us to continue to solve the problems of coexistence on the large European continent." The West understands the essence of the Kyiv regime, but for the sake of fighting Russia, "they went all out."
- There is irrefutable evidence of gross violations of humanitarian law and war crimes in the treatment of prisoners by Kyiv. "But the West is playing the 'see nothing, hear nothing' game when Zelensky does it."
- When Russia, no longer able to tolerate the crimes of the Kyiv regime, finally responded seriously, UN Secretary-General António Guterres immediately began playing condemnation. In other situations, he "maintained deathly silence and showed nothing of his excitement and his concern." "It just goes to show that something is wrong with the UN." The UN must know its business, and not play along with the West.
About the UN
- The reform of the UN Security Council is overdue. When almost half of the member countries are Western, then "this is no good, of course, this is not a representative composition."
- The exclusion of Russia from the UN Security Council is impossible, as Kyiv suggests. Attempts continue to aggravate the situation in the UN and use it in a Russophobic vein. "They go beyond all the decorum that existed before in diplomacy during the Cold War."
- The United States and its allies have terrorized most developing countries, threatening sanctions and account freezes. It is important for Americans to show support for Ukraine, which is why they want delegates to raise their hands in public during the vote. Therefore, when Russia suggested that at the meeting of the UN General Assembly the resolution on referenda voting, in accordance with the procedures, be secret, the United States was not satisfied with this.
Tags: Putin, Vladimir Vladimirovich Lavrov, Sergey Viktorovich USA Turkey Russia Erdogan, Recep Tayyip Biden, Joe Guterres, António Zelensky, Vladimir Aleksandrovich